Thursday, October 11, 2012

 Chapter 7

1. Does objectivity still exist in the media's coverage of politics? I am sure some elements of the media still report from an objective standpoint. Our text points out that most people think there is a liberal tilt to media reporting. I also think  there is some bias in the media and in the polls that they publish.

 Of the major news outlets (CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, NPR, NBC, etc.), which are the most objective and which seem to have the most bias? i would have to say that Foxnews is definitely the most bias. They are absolutely conservative. My parents are Republicans and that is all they will watch. They think if you heard it on Fox it is the gospel. Some people think NPR and Cnn are the most objective but I am not sure which is better. NBC is the parent company of   MSNBC  and if you listen in the daytime they are more objective than if you listen at nightwhen it is MSNBC. I think CNN leans toward the liberal side more than some of the others.

2. How does talk radio (Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olbermann, etc.) affect your view of politics?
Rush Limbaugh definitely does not affect my viewpoint on politics at all . As for liberal Keith Olberann he really does not influence me either way.

Why? Rush Limiaugh  is a conservative Republican and I think he gives that party a bad name by being the most obnoxius human I have ever heard.

3. Is media objectivity important?  I think it is important for the media to be objective.
Why or why not? The public looks to thee media to give us the real unbiased edition of news. I guess the best thing we can do is watch a little bit of all of them and try to figure out the truth on our own.

Posted on Robert Cook, Jessie Griffith, & David Smith

7 comments:

  1. I can definitely see how you can say that Rush Limbiaugh gives conservatives and Republicans a bad name by being obnoxious. I quit listening to talk radio years ago for that reason, but, I did enjoy it for a while. And, I agree that the best thing we can do as the public is to watch a little bit of all the media and try to disern the truth somewhere in all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed reading your blog :) Talk radio doesn't influence me at all... because I really do not listen to the radio period. I agree that objectivity is vital to the news media and they need to work hard to implement it into their information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Rush Limbaugh has tasteless rhetoric and is biased toward the right, and that MSNBC goes to the left. I also agree that even if I listened to talk radio it probably would not influence my political beliefs. I watch Fox and CNN even The Daily Show and Colbert Report on Comedy Central and find that I stay pretty well informed about politics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree that Fox is the most biased news network in today's media. I do agree that today's news networks should be unbiased and that objectivity is very crucial. We as citizens expect the truth and both sides of the story from our news stations and do not expect them to put their own opinions in on the story that is being reported.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your blog this week. I could see you put a lot of thought into it. As for talk radio, I never listen so I cannot really say much about it. I do agree with you about Fox News. I think all news should be objective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also feel that Rush Limbaugh is very obnoxious and leaves little in way of wanting to listen to his ranting at all. I also think that he and his talking more irritates me than persuades my opinion in regards to anything. Very good post this week and I think that most of us agree with your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that Rush is very interesting and Keith is just kinda out their. Talk radio doesnt really affect me any because I do not watch it because I think its boring, its just people with their own opinions who got their own show. I agree with you about the media, they all seem to report the same things but they never report the same things about it so you have to watch them all to get the whole story.

    ReplyDelete